# Comeonin [![Build Status](https://travis-ci.org/riverrun/comeonin.svg?branch=master)](https://travis-ci.org/riverrun/comeonin) [![Hex.pm Version](http://img.shields.io/hexpm/v/comeonin.svg)](https://hex.pm/packages/comeonin) [![Join the chat at https://gitter.im/comeonin/Lobby](https://badges.gitter.im/comeonin/Lobby.svg)](https://gitter.im/comeonin/Lobby?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=badge&utm_campaign=pr-badge&utm_content=badge)
Password hashing library for Elixir.
This library is intended to make it very straightforward for developers to check users'
passwords in as secure a manner as possible.
Comeonin supports Argon2, Bcrypt and Pbkdf2 (sha512 and sha256).
* Comeonin supports the most secure, well-tested, and up-to-date password hashing schemes.
* Argon2 is the winner of the 2015 Password Hashing Competition.
* Bcrypt and Pbkdf2 have no known vulnerabilities and have been widely tested for over 15 years.
* It is easy to use.
* Salts are generated by default.
* Each function has sensible, secure defaults.
* It provides excellent documentation.
* Clear instructions are given on how to use Comeonin.
* Several recommendations are also given to help developers keep their apps secure.
## Installation and Use
See the [Comeonin wiki](https://github.com/riverrun/comeonin/wiki) for details.
BSD. For full details, please read the LICENSE file.