# Glific - Two Way Open Source Communication Platform
[![License: AGPL v3](https://img.shields.io/badge/License-AGPL%20v3-blue.svg)](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0)
[![Code coverage badge](https://img.shields.io/codecov/c/github/glific/glific/master.svg)](https://codecov.io/gh/glific/glific/branch/master)
[![Glific on hex.pm](https://img.shields.io/hexpm/v/glific.svg)](https://hexdocs.pm/glific/)
## Packages Needed
Install the following packages using your favorite package manager. Links are provided for some
* [Install Elixir](https://elixir-lang.org/install.html#distributions)
1. For Ubuntu users you also need to install the `inotify-tools` package
* [Install Postgres](https://www.postgresql.org/download/)
1. For Postgres, for the development server, we default to using postgres/postgres as the username/password. This is configurable
## Download code
* [Download the latest code from GitHub](https://github.com/glific/glific)
* Copy the file: `config/dev.secret.exs.txt` to `config/dev.secret.exs` and edit it with your credentials
* Run `mix setup`
* Run `mix phx.server`
## Here we go
Now you can visit [`localhost:4000`](http://localhost:4000) from your browser.
## Install glific-frontend
You cannot do much from the glific-backend unless you are an API developer. To see Glific in its glory, please
install [Glific Frontend](https://github.com/glific/glific-frontend/)
## Create and link your Gupshup Account
The frontend and backend are great, but you will need an account with a WhatsApp Business Provider to explore the
application. The currently supported backend is [Gupshup](https://www.gupshup.io/developer/home).
You will need to do the following:
* Create a [Gupshup Account](https://www.gupshup.io/developer/home)
* Install [ngrok](https://ngrok.com/download)
* Start ngrok to proxy port 4000: `$ ngrok http 4000` (do this in a new window))
* Remember the URL it assigns you, something like: `https://9f6a7c7822d2.ngrok.io`
* Also start the backend server: `mix phx.server` (do this in a new window)
* Create a [WhatsApp Messaging App on Gupshup](https://www.gupshup.io/whatsappassistant/#/account-setup)
* You can name it `GlificTest` and ensure the `App Type` is `Access API`
* Goto the [Settings Page](https://www.gupshup.io/whatsappassistant/#/settings/GlificTest?bt=ACP)
* On that page, Search for `Callback URL / Link your Bot`
* Enter your callback URL that ngrok gave you, add: `/gupshup` to the end. Something like:
* Click `Set`. It should give you a `Callback set successfully` message. If not, check the above steps.
* Edit `config/dev.secret.exs` in the backend directory
* You will need to enter your API Key, which can be found by clicking on your profile in the top left
corner of your gupshup dashboard
## Updating your instance
For v0.x releases, we will be resetting the DB and not saving existing state. Run the following commands
to update your codebase from the glicic repository.
* Ensure you are in the top level directory of the glific api code.
* Get the latest code from master: `git switch master; git pull`
* Ensure you have not modified any files in this directory, by running: `git status`
* Run the setup command: `mix setup`
## Deploying release on ECS with CD
1. If you are using AWS codebuild for CD, use buildspec.yml.sample file content for creating and pushing docker image.
2. For using and alternative repository like docker hub, you just need to make some changes in the pre_build phase (REPOSITORY_URI and authentications), the rest of the phases will remains same.
* [GraphQL API docs](https://glific.github.io/slate/)
* [Code docs](https://glific.github.io/glific/doc/)
## Learn more
* [Demo Video](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8nBKMt1oFndfIHEVlQ38K8lGqjajYaZ/view?usp=sharing)
* [One Pager](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XYxNvIYzNyX2Ve99-HrmTC8utyBFaf_Y7NP1dFYxI9Q/edit?usp=sharing)
* [Product Features](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uUWmvFkPXJ1xVMr2xaBYJztoItnqxBnfqABz5ad6Zl8/edit?usp=sharing)
* [Glific Blogs](https://chintugudiya.org/tag/glific/)
* [Google Drive](https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aMQvS8xWRnIEtsIkRgLodhDAM-0hg0v1?usp=sharing)
## Chat with us
* [Chat on Discord](https://discord.gg/me6NCMu)