Apache Kafka 0.8.2 high performance producer/consumer for erlang.
Developed thanks to the support and sponsorship of [TigerText](http://www.tigertext.com/) and [Inaka](https://github.com/inaka/).
##Features (aka, why kafkerl?)
- Fast binary creation.
- Caching requests to build more optimally compressed multi message TCP packages.
- Highly concurrent, using @jaynel concurrency tools.
- Messages are not lost but cached before sending to kafka.
- Handles server side errors and broker/leadership changes.
- Flexible API allows consumer of messages to define pids, funs or M:F pairs as callbacks for the received messages.
- Simple yet flexible consumer API to retrieve the messages from Kafka.
##Missing features (aka, what I am working on but haven't finished yet)
- There is no communication with Zookeeper.
- Tests suites.
Special thanks to [@nitzanharel](https://github.com/nitzanharel) who found some really nasty bugs and helped me understand the subtleties of kafka's design and to the rest of the [TigerText](http://www.tigertext.com/) and [Inaka](https://github.com/inaka/) teams for their support and code reviews.