Ranch is a socket acceptor pool for TCP protocols.
Ranch aims to provide everything you need to accept TCP connections with
a **small** code base and **low latency** while being easy to use directly
as an application or to **embed** into your own.
Ranch provides a **modular** design, letting you choose which transport
and protocol are going to be used for a particular listener. Listeners
accept and manage connections on one port, and include facilities to
limit the number of **concurrent** connections. Connections are sorted
into **pools**, each pool having a different configurable limit.
Ranch also allows you to **upgrade** the acceptor pool without having
to close any of the currently opened sockets.
== Online documentation
* http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/ranch/1.3/guide[User guide]
* http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/ranch/1.3/manual[Function reference]
== Offline documentation
* While still online, run `make docs`
* User guide available in `doc/` in PDF and HTML formats
* Function reference man pages available in `doc/man3/` and `doc/man7/`
* Run `make install-docs` to install man pages on your system
* Full documentation in Asciidoc available in `doc/src/`
* Examples available in `examples/`
* Official IRC Channel: #ninenines on irc.freenode.net
* https://github.com/ninenines/ranch/issues[Issues tracker]
* http://ninenines.eu/services[Commercial Support]