# What is riak_core_lite?
Riak Core Lite is a framework that simplifies the development of dynamo-style architectures, such as highly-available key-value stores and messaging systems.
Build upon the essence of Riak KV's core with an up-to-date, modular and extensible foundation for elastic distributed services.
To get started with riak_core_lite you can follow Mariano Guerra's tutorials.
They are based on the full riak_core, but are still applicable to riak_core_lite.
3. [Ping Command](http://marianoguerra.org/posts/riak-core-tutorial-part-3-ping-command.html)
4. [First Commands](http://marianoguerra.org/posts/riak-core-tutorial-part-4-first-commands.html)
5. [Quorum Requests](http://marianoguerra.org/posts/riak-core-tutorial-part-5-quorum-requests.html)
7. [HTTP API](http://marianoguerra.org/posts/riak-core-tutorial-part-8-http-api.html)
9. [Persistent KV with leveled backend](http://marianoguerra.org/posts/riak-core-tutorial-part-9-persistent-kv-with-leveled-backend.html)
We love community code, bug fixes, and other forms of contribution. We
use GitHub Issues and Pull Requests for contributions to this and all
other code. To get started:
1. Fork this repository.
2. Clone your fork or add the remote if you already have a clone of
3. Create a topic branch for your change.
4. Make your change and commit. Use a clear and descriptive commit
message, spanning multiple lines if detailed explanation is needed.
5. Push to your fork of the repository and then send a pull request.
6. A committer will review your patch and merge it into the main
repository or send you feedback.
## Issues, Questions, and Bugs
There are numerous ways to file issues or start conversations around
something Core related
* If you've found a bug in riak_core_lite,
[file](https://github.com/riak-core-lite/riak_core_lite/issues) a clear, concise,
explanatory issue against this repo.