<img src="sparql-logo.png" align="right" />
An implementation of the [SPARQL] standards for Elixir.
It allows to execute SPARQL queries against [RDF.ex] data structures. With the separate [SPARQL.Client] package SPARQL queries can be executed against SPARQL protocol endpoints.
The API documentation can be found [here](https://hexdocs.pm/sparql/). For a guide and more information about SPARQL.ex and it's related projects, go to <https://rdf-elixir.dev>.
## Current state
Note: **The [SPARQL.Client] supports the full SPARQL 1.1 query language**. The missing query language features in the following list are just not yet supported **by the query engine** executing queries against RDF.ex data structures.
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Query Language
- [x] Basic Graph Pattern matching
- [x] Group Graph Pattern matching
- [x] Optional Graph Pattern matching via `OPTIONAL`
- [x] Alternative Graph Pattern matching via `UNION`
- [ ] Pattern matching on Named Graphs via `FROM` and `GRAPH`
- [ ] Solution sequence modification
- [x] Projection with the `SELECT` clause
- [x] Assignments to variables in the `SELECT` clause
- [x] `DISTINCT`
- [x] `REDUCED`
- [ ] `ORDER BY`
- [ ] `OFFSET`
- [ ] `LIMIT`
- [x] Restriction of solutions via `FILTER`
- [x] All builtin functions specified in SPARQL 1.0 and 1.1
- [x] Ability to define extension functions
- [x] All XPath constructor functions as specified in the SPARQL 1.1 spec
- [x] Assignments via `BIND`
- [x] Negation via `MINUS`
- [ ] Negation via `NOT EXIST`
- [ ] Inline Data via `VALUES`
- [ ] Aggregates via `GROUP BY` and `HAVING`
- [ ] Subqueries
- [ ] Property Paths
- [ ] `ASK` query form
- [ ] `DESCRIBE` query form
- [x] `CONSTRUCT` query form
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Update
- [x] SPARQL Query Results XML Format
- [x] SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format
- [x] SPARQL 1.1 Query Results CSV and TSV Formats
- [x] SPARQL 1.1 Protocol (currently client-only; in a separate package: [sparql_client](https://github.com/rdf-elixir/sparql_client))
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP Protocol
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Service Description
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Federated Query
- [ ] SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes
Other features on the roadmap:
- [ ] parallelization of the query execution
- [ ] query DSL
see [CONTRIBUTING](CONTRIBUTING.md) for details.
If you need help with your Elixir and Linked Data projects, just contact [NinjaConcept](https://www.ninjaconcept.com/) via <email@example.com>.
## License and Copyright
(c) 2018-2020 Marcel Otto. MIT Licensed, see [LICENSE](LICENSE.md) for details.